Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Journal Progress Photos


The pages for my class journal have taken a huge leap forward.

I played with TAP (Transfer Artist Paper) 
for the very first time over the weekend.

Photo on the left is my mother and 
the photo on the right is her sister 
(taken in the early 1950s).


The final two-page spread includes a 1955 photo of me
with my feet in the Pacific Ocean.
(I'm still drawn to water ~
lakes, rivers, streams, ponds, fountains . . .)

The tatting and crocheted laces were made by my grandmother,
the same woman who made the flimsy that became
my mother's quilt (all the way through
assisted living and skilled care ~
until the constant laundering wore it to shreds).


The book I started with was my aunt's.

I know because her name was in it.


DH scanned the inside cover of the book
to capture the library rules 
(double click to read ~ worth your time).

The faded so-soft piece of silk came from Spirit Cloth Jude.


My grandmother as a dashing young woman
(surrounded by fragments of her handwork).

* * *

I am very much enjoying this class 
and have at least two more journals gestating
(one involving the bodice of my wedding dress
and the other DH's grandmother's buttons).

All in good time . . . 

Quiltdivajulie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its looking good...
Mama Bear

Kathy said...

I love the journals! Where are you taking the class?

ShabbyChicShaz said...

Hi, just wandering around the classroom to see what everyone else is up to. Isn't TAP wonderful, love the photos you've transfered, so good to be using your family memories and craftwork. Your journal is looking great, looking forward to seeing more :)