Monday, April 25, 2011

Exuberance - On the Wall at Last!


Wanda designed and pieced the flimsy in 2007.

I purchased the flimsy in 2010.


Now, at long last,
Exuberance has been quilted by Chris
& bound/sleeved and hung in my studio by me.

I will take it down one evening this week
just long enough to apply the label and 
shorten the width of the too-long hanging rod
(this is the way it was when Jester hung on this wall).

I'm SO happy (thrilled) with this finish!

Quiltdivajulie

p.s.  For detail photos of the 350+ batiks in this quilt, scroll down through the previous post . . .


16 comments:

Unknown said...

Exuberance looks just beautiful hanging on your wall!! If sparkles.

Barb said...

Your quilt is just beautiful!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Hooray!

*karendianne. said...

How dreamy!!!

Sharon said...

Beautiful! I love Wanda's work and this is a fabulous piece. Enjoy!

jovaliquilts said...

Spectacular! Wanda is a master at this, and you are lucky to have it in your home!

Vivian said...

That one is a real beauty - a colorwash in batiks. Wanda's work is always so wonderful. You're going to love looking at that every day!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I am so happy to see it finished and hanging! Maybe I can finish the others now that have been waiting...

Laura said...

Just stunning!

Nellie's Needles said...

Those hues sing ... and what a rich wonderful song it is!

Sharon said...

What a incredible piece to have hanging in your studio. Your own personal rainbow. And what a great inspiration!!

Vicki W said...

It's fabulous!

quiltmom anna said...

Fabulous piece Julie- I love Wanda's blog as she is such a great fan of color- This piece is a wonderful work of art- I am sure you are going to enjoy it on your wall. You are going to get many wonderful comments when people visit your home about it. Thanks for sharing.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Magpie Sue said...

That looks fabulous. What a great, inspirational piece to have hanging in your studio!

Sujata Shah said...

I like how cheerful this looks! I need to start hanging some of my quilts.
Slow progress on your white coat project but it will get there!

Sherri ~ daintytime said...

Beautiful use of color. I think it must be a mood quilt. It even reminds me of the shifting colors of a mood ring.