Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chain of Events . . .

Photo credit

Remember back in early January
when I went to the warehouse sale


I took along an extra copy of Tonya's Word Play Quilts
for Delta's owner, Arlene Blackburn.

New fabric bolts at Delta Jan. 2010 
As I wandered about,
absorbing the fabric colors,
and searching for pieces to go into Lynne's quilt,
the book sparked a conversation
with Phyllis and Teresa.


Contact info was exchanged and the shopping continued
(although each of us were smiling to ourselves).

A week or so ago,
I found an e-mail in my Inbox
and an electronic conversation was begun.

Now that things have been approved . . .

I'll be doing a trunk show for the September retreat
of the Quilting in the Grove quilt guild
 in Southaven, MS!

Woo Hoo! 


Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheee!!!! how lucky they are to get to see your wonderful quilts. very fun!

*karendianne. said...

Oh Julie I'm so happy for you I don't hardly know what to say. This is going to be such a treat for everyone there AND for you, too! Oh friend. Congratulations on this next level of your quilting life experience. Many hugs and much love, *karendianne.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Woo Hoo is RIGHT! I wish I could attend! Is it anywhere Near Philadelphia?????

Susan said...

What fun! I wish I lived close enough to attend!

Magpie Sue said...

Congratulations! This will be so much fun - wish I could be there too!!

tpino said...

Whoo Hoo!! I am sew excited that this all worked out! I know Quilting in the Grove will be inspired by your energy and talent!
Love your blog!
Teresa