Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Finish!


Can you smell it?  

It's a freshly laundered, newly-finished quilt ~
still inside the dryer.

Plaid Happens is the first finish of the year.
 Woo Hoo ~ thanks, Mary Lou!
It was a great week at the Folk School.

Before laundering
This is a truly awful, washed-out photo!

I took the quilt to work yesterday and 
binder clipped it to the quilt I have hanging opposite my desk.

Comments included
"it is so full of energy"
"what fun!"
"truly magical"
and 
"it looks just like you!"

And that was before it was all crinkly and soft!


It is far too cold, windy, and damp for outdoor photos 
so these indoor shots will have to do for now.


If you double click to supersize these photos,
I hope you can see (and almost feel) the quilting detail and texture.
Chris did some really wonderful quilting!


This is a low-light photo ~
trying to share the crinkly happiness.


Here's another one . . . 


I promise to take Plaid Happens outdoors 
for a proper photo shoot . . .
as soon as Mother Nature cooperates!

Have a great weekend ~ see ya'll on Monday!

Quiltdivajulie


15 comments:

Clare said...

It's great. Really folky.

Unknown said...

Love it!! Bright, beautiful, and cheerful all the things that we need for this winter!

Debbie said...

Plaids are great! Your quilt is perfectly wonky and fun. Thanks for the bright spot in my day. Happy Red Day.

*karendianne. said...

Very cool!!!!

Barb said...

Looks fantastic!!

Mary Johnson said...

How fun!

My quilts get tossed right in the washer when I'm done too...love it when they crinkle up.

Sujata Shah said...

Wonderful finish!

Vicki W said...

It turned out great!

Magpie Sue said...

Oh happy happy happy! I think this has to be one of my favorites of the quilts you've made :- )

jovaliquilts said...

Just a wonderful quilt -- love how fun it is. The fabrics are great. How someone cuddle up under that and not feel happy?

Anonymous said...

OH! I am so happy to see it! It crinkled just the way we planned! What a FUN,HAPPY quilt!!! Thanks for letting me share in the fun!!

Hedgehog said...

Wow! This is fantastic!

Em said...

It's fabulous, Julie! U r a mary lou prodigy :). I dream of going to a class of hers. Very awesom. Em


Ps I have a new blog address http://mcelebrates.blogspot.com if u ever want to come and visit me :).

Rosalyn Manesse said...

It's a masterpiece!

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that you choose the most beautiful fabrics i have seen until now. You really love happy colors as i do.