Monday, August 16, 2010

Stars Over Leehaven - The Flimsies


Here is the finished front.

Given that the heat index was 125+ Sunday afternoon,
I elected to stay indoors and take these pictures in my studio.


Here's a detail of the back and sashing.


The back draped over my ironing table.


The back on the design wall.
(the cold air return was causing issues in the lower corner)

Thank you, Karen, for trusting me with your star blocks and siggie squares.

It has been an honor and a joy to design and create these flimsies for you!



Quiltdivajulie

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Just beautiful!! Not sure which is more beautiful, the front or the back! Well done!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think that looks like 2 tops! Your sashing fabric was perfect for the star blocks. I'm sure Karen will be thrilled with them.

Denise :) said...

This is beautiful; what a great team you two make! :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Simply stunning!

You have done an incredible job and set the stars off in such a glorious way.

Sundance is chomping at the bit.

LizA. said...

Just beautiful. Very creative back -- I love how you worked the siggie squares in.

Anonymous said...

I agree, it looks like 2 tops, it is just wonderful! It is truly one of a kind!

*karendianne. said...

Do you know last night I was in bed imagining having those signatures next to my heart? It was such a loving feeling. I'm glad I waiting until today to leave my comment because it's so important for you to know that. The way you've created this is already healing and friend, it's so amazing. I just don't know what to say... really.

Magpie Sue said...

That top just glows.

*karendianne. said...

Just here again, taking in your process. It's so wonderful...