This past week
Victoria at Bumble Beans posted about her quilt dreams
Carla at Feathered Fibers posted Creative Exercises
Magpie Sue posted about entering her liberated quilts in the county fair
and
Lynne has been off playing with daft zebras.
Me?
Aside from working on Stars Over Leehaven
I've been sketching ideas
to add to the notebook
for my week with Mary Lou Weidman.
Here's a rough sketch for
what could easily become
a Hoochy Mama bird quilt
(and yes, I really did buy myself
a brand new box of crayons!!)
These three quirky characters below
are the inspiration behind my idea
(along with the 3 word rocks
I keep at the base of
my office computer monitor) ~
my office computer monitor) ~
Laugh.
Dream.
~ ~ ~
The class is called Plaid to Meet You.
Maybe there will be
plaid Hoochy Mama birdhouses
in the border blocks.
Who knows . . .
Time will tell.
Need to go play
with several other random ideas
that have presented themselves
this week.
Be back Monday!
Quiltdivajulie
p.s. The first hanging sleeve for Spirit Song is stitched in place! On to #2 . . .


2 comments:
Whoa! This is a really really neat Process Post. I'm admiring how you work things out. My first thought was "golly, I'm not even close to this fun" with my creative self. ...which is not to say I don't like my traditional self but gosh, well, a part of me wants to be more like you.
Good on you for the new box of crayons! Being a bird person myself I am totally excited by your prospective class quilt. Can't wait to see what you create!
Post a Comment