Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Truly Challenging


Tonya has issued a second challenge 
for the 2010 Liberated Amish Get Together.

The part about not using a rotary cutter will be 
a real challenge for me
since that tool is easier on my hand than scissors.
But, where there's a will, there's a way.

No clue what will happen with this . . .  

Need to ponder a while,
spend some time with my books,
and wait for inspiration to strike.


Remember my question about
should we or shouldn't we adopt Nessie?
(the folks at the concrete place called it
Marvin the Dragon.)

Turns out that the price is just under $500
(not to mention the logistics - weight - of moving)
so she will not be coming to live with us after all.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!


Oh ~ and I finally found what I needed
for this month's Creativity Initiative prompt.
"The most minute transformation is like a pebble dropped into a still lake. 
The ripples spread out endlessly."
(Emmanuel) 


Stay tuned . . . 


Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Not using a rotary cutter! Heavens! This would be a challenge for me too. Good luck with that!! Love how you displayed your quilts.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You rise to each and every challenge brilliantly, this will be no exception.

Anonymous said...

Scissors? Ok, where there is a will.......I know you have the will!!!

Nessie, I so wanted to meet her, but I can sure understand how moving her home would be very challenging! She is just so amazing, and she does not look like a Marvin! The name you gave her was much more fitting, don't they know she is a girl!! LOL

Twisted Quilts said...

I use my rotary cutter for everything. I have a small one that I love. I have only recently gone back to occasionally using scissors for small things. I am not sure I could do without my rotary cutter. I will be interested to see what you come up with.

*karendianne. said...

Oh and gosh that Transition is a neat Zentangle, too! Wow! Looking forward to all the neat things you'll be creative. Enjoying you're inner self coming out and expressing.

Magpie Sue said...

Can you tear fabric? Or is that also hard on your hands? You might be able to tear long strips and then cheat and use the rotary cutter to shorten them as needed. I'm sure Tonya will allow medicinal use of a rotary cutter!