Monday, August 2, 2010

Good Feelings




Here's my working list of odds and ends
that need to be done in the studio:


Finish piecing the last of the 2010 PIF quilts  (see below)
Make binding for last of 2010 PIF quilts
Change blades in rotary cutters
Take Dancing Star fabrics off design wall so I can work on Stars Over Leehaven
Work on hand binding of Blue Moon
Sketch ideas (process notes) for Dancing Star
Cut fabric for hanging sleeves for Spirit Song
Cut binding strips for Spirit Song 
Cut batik segments for Stars Over Leehaven
Choose fabrics for Priority Quilt using Empire Guild block idea
Send high-res photos of Amish Challenge quilts to Tonya
Deal with bead stash
Create Quilt Album entries for Milestone, selvage placemats, Blue Moon, and Spirit Song
Print and file Quilt Album entries in 2010 notebook
Review Gestation notebook, adding new entries and deleting those I'll never use.
Stitch binding third of three satin runners.
Finish 2d pillow sham for Ochenta (stalled after MIL's passing last fall)

And these are just the quilty thoughts.

I know I'm not the only one . . . 
when I try to sit and sew, 
thoughts like the ones above push and shove 
and demand that I pay attention to them
when what I really want to do
is play with my fabrics in peace.

BUT ~ a lot of things did get crossed off
which makes the rest of the list tolerable.

Progress feels good!

Now, about that final 2010 PIF that was lined out above:


A lot of scrappy browns created Warm and Cozy's top.



More pieces from the stash became the back.

These will be off to Chris for quilting
and then, later this year,
Warm and Cozy will be off to USC
and an Alzheimer's Study participant.


Tippy's last afternoon at Camp Sefton . . . 


Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that is some list! I love it when you can cross things off the list though! Warm and cozy looks just like you said, well warm and cozy. Nice quilt top!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I can relate... too much to do sometimes... but, it's all good! I would love to nap, all stress and worry-free (on a tuffet, made just for me)like Tippy! :)

Magpie Sue said...

Yoiks! That's some list! Bet it felt good to be able to cross so many things off. I just have one thing on my list at the moment but I'm still having trouble getting it going.

Anonymous said...

I think I might fall down if I actually saw my 'to do' list, my heart is not that strong. I saw a quote that inspired me in on of the quilting magazines, it said' Plan your work, and work your plan'. This is geared towards professional quilters to help them in their business, it has helped me alot and it really is applicable to everyone that has a 'to do' list. Hello Tippy!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a list. I dug out a fall wall hanging I began two years ago..It had some stitching that needed to be taken out and redone..I am finished with that, have a couple of more appliques that need stitching and it will be ready to quilt..
Cutie dog.
Mama Bear