Just kidding.
This is NOT how the flimsy will look.
Karen and I consulted over the weekend
and Stars Over Leehaven will be
a lap quilt rather than a large quilt.
Over the past week, I've spent time each evening
turning the 3" or 3-1/2" siggie blocks
into liberated, colorful 9-1/2" blocks.
Four became star blocks
using a pattern shared by Karen Griska
on the Empire Guild's blog.
Here are the others, pressed and trimmed
and ready for the design wall.
This is what will become the name panel
on the back of the quilt.
I figure the names and well wishes
will be closer to Karen's heart that way
as she snuggles under her quilt.
Work continues!
Quiltdivajulie
5 comments:
Beautiful, simply beautiful!!
A work of heART!
fun! I missed the beginning of the story. who made the stars and siggys?
These are so neat when I see them on the wall like this. So many loving spirits.
Personally, I like the layout at the top of the post. I understand, though, that a smaller quilt might be more desirable. And you're right about the signatures and good wishes being closer to her heart that way :- )
Post a Comment