Sunday, August 1, 2010

Finally!


Many (MANY!) months ago, I passed three sections
from the skirt of my 35-year-old wedding dress
to Chris so she could quilt them into table runners.

She kept them for a while as she pondered.

All three quilted pieces
 have been here at my house now for a very long time
waiting to be bound and to find new homes.

At long last, the first of the three is not only finished ~
it has been hung on the wall in my studio!
(Notice my extremely scientific method of hanging?
Yes, those are glass head pins.)

Chris quilted that amazing lettering free hand
and I knew from the moment I saw it
 that a wall would be its final destination.
(each photo should enlarge when double-clicked)


Now, 
each time I glance up from my sewing machine,
the satin banner is clearly visible.

One down ~ two to go.

Quiltdivajulie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a great idea and the quilting is stunning.
Mama Bear

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Simply stunning! What a treasure!!

Magpie Sue said...

Absolutely beautiful. And there couldn't be a more appropriate way to use fabric from your wedding dress IMO. I can see using pieces of a wedding dress to make a quilted banner that has the family name and then the wedding date. You know, Sefton, established 19xx. How cool would that be?!

Anonymous said...

After fondling Jester, this is a dramatic change. It is lovely though. It was supposed to be a wedding inspired piece and sentimental and I think we accomplished that.