Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Work in Progress AND a Finish!


In the design studio, I've started painting the binding tree!

The yellow, orange, and pink were edited out
after the first coat ~ poor coverage
and just not what I envisioned
(reminded me a bit too much of
the early Fisher Price toys).

This will take several more days ~
multiple coats + drying time.

I'm excited that it is underway!


Over in the sewing studio, I decided to work on
one of the PIF quilts that just returned from Chris.

I bought this kitty panel a long time ago,
intending to make something for my late MIL.

Not only is MIL gone now,
but my own Angel kitty
is no longer here
to quality test my work.

So, this lap throw will go to one of the
hopefully someone who needs some
comforting visual purring.


Chris used a wonderful panto
and the most perfect variegated thread.

The quilting lines look just like kitty fur!


Now I can start a stack of quilts waiting to be sent off!

Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to have a finish! Very cute little kitties on the panel, I am sure it will be loved!

Denise :) said...

Cute, cute cats! I like the wispy look of the quilting she did; perfect fit for kittens! :)

Chartreuse Moose said...

Cute binding tree! Darling kitty quilt, I'm sure it will be a warm hug for anyone who receives it!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Purrfect!

Binding tree?

Amy said...

I like the binding tree.I love the quilt!!! and cats,Thanks for sharing,Amy

Brenda said...

The binding tree looks great and I LOVE the quilt!