This is what has been scattered all over
my ironing table . . .
Pieces and parts that will soon become
another PIF quilt.
The jumble of colors reminds me of this quote
(and provides a name for this quilt):
"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Dancing Star is one of two more PIF stash quilts I need to design, piece,
and get to Chris before September 1,
so she has plenty of time to get them quilted
before the late fall rush ~
Here I've randomly put the fabrics on the design wall
to better assess what I have to work with.
No plan yet ~ just ideas.
[My 2010 PIF goal is
two quilts for local Silver Bell seniors
and
six quilts for Alzheimer's Study Group participants ~
all eight to be delivered/shipped in December.]
And guess what's finished?
The Binding Tree!
Quiltdivajulie
7 comments:
So true about the chaos!! Love the binding tree!
The binding tree looks terrific!
The binding tree looks great! Know you'll enjoy putting it to use now!
Wow, how organized you are...even your scraps are sorted and on display for your new project...a great start! We'll be watching! ;-)
Dancing Star is wonderful! And I love your binding tree -- very clever! :)
That tree is almost as alluring as your red chair...correction... it is as alluring. Oh my, another reason to give my DH for needing a house boy! Thanks for all your inspiration.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this binding pole finish!!!!!!
I love it! It turned out great! Your color choices were spot on - but then there was no question of that, was there? ;- )
Post a Comment