Thursday, July 22, 2010

Stars Over Leehaven ~ design work


Stars Over Leehaven
has become my working name for Karen's blocks
that are soon to become a flimsy.

There are two blocks with signature squares pieced into the centers
plus several 3" or 3-1/2" individual name squares.

I chose the third star
(the one in the middle)
as the best color bridge.

Pondering a layout for this grouping...


In preparation for the arrival of my swap quilt from Lynne,
(six to eight weeks from now)
I've moved my Baobob Tree quilt (from DDIL's African safari)
to my design studio.

I really like it in this spot!


See, Lynne ~ the spot for No Rules is ready and waiting!
(yes, that's what I've named my quilt)

Quiltdivajulie

4 comments:

Millie said...

Wait a minute! I made the quilt. I get to name it. That's actually a good name. My working title is "Julie's Rules." But yours is good too. AHA! I have it!!!!

"No Rules for Julie!"


SOMEDAY... I'm gonna see the quilt hanging on that wall for myself!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Hmmmm... that "middle (bridge) star" looks familiar to me. ;) It's going to be fabulous; and that Baobob tree is something else! Wonderful feast for the eyes over at your place...

*karendianne. said...

Ohh wow that Baobob tree is so amazing. Speechless.

I'm so excited seeing those stars. Golly gosh!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Stars Over Leehaven is a wonderful, wonderful name...love all of the others, too. But this teasing between you and Lynne is driving me crazy. Show me your quilts already! I can't stand this suspense ;)Such fun, really!