Thursday, July 29, 2010

What Color Is Your Dream?


 ". . . When the dreamweaver sees it is time to be through, 
she whispers a dream known only to you."  
(Kittie Beletic)

Created in response to June's Creativity Initiative
 prompt for July of "Dream" 
and as part of the Liberated Quilters
ongoing AAQI Challenge;
my 71st Priority Quilt measures
8-1/2" high x 11-3/4" wide.

I tried the cropped pinwheels of Katharine Guerrier
for the first time in this little quilt.
(The pinwheels were created using 2-1/2" squares)
They were great fun and I'll be making more of them.

Not sure if PQ No. 5493 will land in the Quilts for Sale group,
or be included in an upcoming auction,
be set aside for another use,
or hoarded for the AAQI booth at the Houston Show.
No matter where or how, I hope it brings a really good price
to help AAQI raise awareness and fund research.

Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Just a beautiful little quilt!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Nice one Julie.

Also thanks for your explanation. I sent two in for the HOPE challenge. One was sold, but the other one, my favorite, didn't. I wondered why, then found out that it went to Houston. The buyer sent me a lovely email which blessed my heart. Now I know that it was "hoarded" instead of sold or auctioned.

Chartreuse Moose said...

Darling! I'm sure it will bring smiles where ever it is displayed!

Kim said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the colors....and really love your blog too ♥

Trish said...

Such a beautiful little quilt - I so admire this craft...but have not yet the nerve to try it out..lol! Your entry for the July "Dream" challenge is so pretty....made me wish it were mine, so I could be inspired by it all the time!

Kittie Beletic said...

Hello Julie!

I'm a tapestry artist as well as a writer. Someone I met at a book signing led me to your wonderful work while looking for the book online. I'm not a seasoned quilter but have made a few. Completely passionate about textile ANYTHING, I let my muse lead the way.

Wishing you every success. Dreams come to life when YOU give them wings!

Best, Kittie Beletic