Friday, July 30, 2010

Post No. 700

Photo from Google Images

When I first started this blog, 
my intent was to make a point of celebrating the good things in my life.

Given that I was recovering from a multi-year period of depression, 
that decision was truly a personal challenge.

Now, 700 posts later, my posts have traveled through 
joy, worry, celebration, and grief; 
dealt with multiple health issues; 
and documented my colorful quilting journey.

Along the way, I've found many kindred spirits
who unfailingly inspire and motivate me,
who make me laugh, 
and who offer comfort and support on the more challenging days.  

I didn't expect that ~ which makes me even more grateful
to have so many of you in my life.

I found the following in one of the countless catalogs that fill our mailbox. 
(I scan some of them, clipping ideas and quotes for my "file")

The words and sentiments seem to fit especially well today.

~ ~ ~

Life is not a race – but indeed a journey.

Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy.

Say “thank you,” “I love you,” and “great job” to someone each day.

Go to church, take time for prayer. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh.

Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper.

Love your life and what you’ve been given, it is not accidental –
search for your purpose and do it as best you can.

Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to be.

Laugh often.

Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them.
Some of the best things really are free.

Do not worry, less wrinkles are more becoming.

Forgive, it frees the soul.

Take time for yourself – plan for longevity.

Recognize the special people you’ve been blessed to know.

Live for today, enjoy the moment.


Quiltdivajulie

13 comments:

Clare said...

Congratulations on your 700th post! I've enjoyed being part of your travels.

Millie said...

Congratulations! Like Clare, I've enjoying being along for the ride, and now I'm enjoying your friendship!

Thanks for everything!

Millie said...

There are a few of those quotes that would make good word quilts!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Thank you, Julie, for the quotes and for your blog and for all that you do.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post! Truly inspiring phrases, now to live up to them, right?

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You inspire me, and for that I am deeply grateful. Thanks for sharing this wonderful sentiment, I will carry these words and thoughts in my happy heart today. Here's to you and the next 700 posts!

Susan said...

What a great post, Julie! When I first started blogging I just wanted a way to keep an online record of my projects. I never dreamed that I would find so many wonderful caring people along the way and I'm so thankful that you are one of those people! Congratulations on you 700th post!

Laura said...

Great post Julie and congrats on 700 posts!

Nancy said...

I enjoy reading your blog and plan to stick around for the next 700 posts.

Congratulations on reaching this milestone.

Twisted Quilts said...

Great post and congrats on hitting the 700 mark. One of the wonderful things about blogging is sharing your feelings and getting such positive responses. Still love your thoughtful blog.

Magpie Sue said...

Amen Sister!

quiltmom anna said...

Julie,
What a terrific milestone - 700 posts. I love the quotes and enjoy coming to visit your blog. You make beautiful quilts that are rich with color. I hope you continue to enjoy blogging and quilting for many years to come.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Congratulations on 700 posts! I think a lot of us have been surprised about how the blogs have changed our lives. They are still our journals, but it is nice to have friends comment and encourage and compliment us, help us solve dilemmas, boost our spirits.