Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Soothing Interlude


Soothing Interlude is done and I've finally
decided that it will be a gift quilt
for a female family member whose birthday
falls in the last quarter of the year.


After the success of binding Milestone using ditch stitching,
the process evolved yet another step ~
what if I used invisible thread top and bottom?




I am pleased enough with this method
to use it on Spirit Song ~
and that says a lot!


Here you can see Milestone and Soothing Interlude
hanging over the fence in our backyard.

Milestone has gone to live at Jenna's house
(one of my co-workers ~ these are "her" colors, to a "T").

It feels so good to have the huge stack of binding caught up ~
and to know that I have a system that will work
for almost any quilt I make going forward.

I've spent some time over the past few days
tidying the studio messes that had grown out of control.

And I realized that, once again, I have become
quasi-paralyzed by the fabulously colorful yardage
peering (leering?) at me from the studio shelves.

I want need to finish up several more odds and ends
before I make any decisions on how to proceed.

There's pondering to be done . . .

. . . and I feel the urge to play coming on.

Artwork by Deborah Beck
Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful finishes! So glad I am not the only one paralyzed when looking at their fabric stash and deciding what to do next.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

you are zipping right along on the bindings. I have a queen size one I will do by machine too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're fast.
Mama Bear

Millie said...

Love the green and blue quilt. You got the bindings done so fast.

Magpie Sue said...

So glad you've developed a system for binding that you're happy with. And it didn't even take that many trials and errors -hurray!

Speaking of colorful yardage waiting for attention, I just bought another piece from the George Mendoza line. Still not sure what I'm going to do with it though...