My first all-Kaffe quilt is finished!
Chris used her new swirly-giggy panto
and it is wonderful!
These crumpled shots were taken while
I worked on the binding.
This time, I tried stitching alongside the binding
instead of through . . .
I am much, MUCH happier with the overall look.
As the scraps for Dancing Star wait on the design wall,
a wonderful idea came to me ~
one that is good enough to change its status
from a donation quilt to one I may well keep.
The journey continues ... stay tuned!
Quiltdivajulie
3 comments:
Yay! An all Kaffe quilt, you just can't get any better than that! Love how it looks all crumbled. I will be looking forward to seeing what you have in store for Dancing Star.
You are gonna have to explain that binding technique to me. Are we seeing the top of the quilt? How are you making sure the needle is catching the other edge? How to you hold the other edge in place? What does it look like on the back?
Wait a minute... I see some of the same fabric I used on the backing of your quilt.....
Damn, you're good!
Hello,
I found you yesterday and am now a follower if that is alright? I love these colors in this quilt. They are some of my favorites.
Mama Bear
Post a Comment