Thursday, July 15, 2010

Colorful Work Ahead


I spent my lunch hour at the local big box home store's paint department.

On the menu:

Island Orange

Sumptuous Purple

Bright Parrot 

Cosmic Pink

Peek-a-Boo Blue

Gold Abundance

and the 
Fabulous Red
of my recently painted chair.


It wasn't until after I got home and
started working this post 
with the color cards scattered about
that I realized how closely 
my choices
echoed the colors of
Laurel & Freddy & Ruth, Oh My!
(the quilt that covers the table under my laptop).

Remarkable!
(especially since this connection never entered my head until just now)


Next step will be to wash down the binding tree
in preparation for its makeover.

Since the heat index was still well over 100 degrees even after dinner,
that outdoor prep work will wait for a weekend morning.

But, one day soon,
you will see work in progress!

Here's to the glorious powers of COLOR!


Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Color, yes, glorious color! Can't wait to see the binding tree. I have always wondered who names the paint?

Millie said...

You got yourself a rainbow there, girl! I love painted furniture, especially when it's painted with lots of fun colors!

Clare said...

What a riot of colour.

Binding tree - brilliant idea!

Anonymous said...

Love your choice of colors. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Denise :) said...

Taste the rainbow!! (LOL -- can you tell I'm a Skittles fan??)

:)

Elsie Montgomery said...

Amazing when we pick the things that we love, the colors always go together! Will the tree be a rainbow, or just one of those colors?

Magpie Sue said...

That's going to be the bestest binding tree in the world!!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You are one clever lady, my friend!