Friday, July 16, 2010

MORE Mail!


Two boxes were waiting for me on the front porch when I got home Thursday evening.
One from Leehaven and one from The Calico Cat!


Amy sent selvages ...


and tucked deep inside 
were these two hollow forms for DH.
(turned by Brian Butters in 2003 and 2006 
of myrtle wood and yoshino cherry) 

THANK YOU!!

~ ~ ~

I saved the second box from Karen until after dinner. 

I knew what was inside and I wanted to prolong
the experience of discovering and exploring the contents.


Some of you may remember
on Karen's blog
back in September 2008.

The blocks came from 
PA, CA, DC, 
OH, the U.K., 
WA, TN, NH, 
TX, MD, NC,
and several other places.
I am utterly delighted
to have the 27 blocks
in my studio ~
with Karen's blessing
to create a flimsy for her
of any design I choose.

Honored
(to be entrusted with these).

Excited
(by the possibilities).


These batik strips were also in the box.


After randomly placing
the beautiful stars on my design wall,
I can feel what I want to do.

~ ~ ~

I thought about whether 
to work in secret 
so the flimsy would be a surprise . . . 
but that just didn't seem right.

I want to share this journey ~

Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Darling Millie said...

oh good. I'm kinda getting tired holding my own surprise in. Love the blocks!

Unknown said...

What fabulous packages!! And to have some new and lovely blocks to play with is just wonderful!

The Calico Cat said...

Do I spy my star in addition to my selvages?

What did DH think of the forms?

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Oh, I'm delighted you have this project!

Denise :) said...

What a great day!! You lucky girl, you! :)

*karendianne. said...

Oh my GOSH but that looks fantastic with that layout. I NEVER would have thought of it. I'm overjoyful you have these blocks. Golly gee...

Elsie Montgomery said...

Really nice. A hearty thanks for sharing your blessings with the rest of us.

Magpie Sue said...

Oh what fun! And what a cool project.