Sunday, May 9, 2010

Such a Sunday . . .


After spending ALL day Saturday wrangling with multiple softwares on two computers (one Mac, one Vista), far too much freezer-papered fabric, the ironing board, our recalcitrant inkjet printer, and the trash can, I was utterly exhausted.  Thanks to some much-needed intervention by DH, at 7:45 p.m., I finally had an acceptable version of the concept that has haunted my subconscious since the beginning of this year.  Why such persistence?  This is for a very special AAQI Priority Quilt in honor of my mom ~ one I hope will be meaningful enough to be included in the new From Heartbreak to Hope traveling exhibit Ami is putting together.
  

Sunday morning, DS the elder, his wife, and Tippy plus  DS the younger were here to prepare a delicious brunch for Mother's Day (roasted new potatoes with homegrown basil, quiche featuring locally produced sausage and several cheeses from the Nashville Trader Joe's, toasted fontina cheese sandwiches with Black Forest Ham and apple slices, mimosas, and locally-grown strawberries dipped in homemade chocolate sauce).  YUM!! There were fresh flowers for the table and a knockout rose bush to plant for flowers again and again and again.  

There has also been time for considerable handwork on the PQ and a newly-quilted quilt swap with Chris is planned for late in the day (lots of binding to be done - woo hoo!!).  

Delightful . . . I hope your day has been wonderful, too!

Quiltdivajulie

2 comments:

quiltmom anna said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day with some nice presents and good family time. We don't have Trader Joes in Canada but my niece who is currently living in San Fransisco raves about the place.
I love the name of Ami's new exhibit - from Heartbreak to Hope. I will look forward to seeing yours and others' pieces. Someday I want to create a piece to honor my mother in law. I am just not there in the process- I have come up with the right idea yet- some day I will.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Magpie Sue said...

So glad you had a lovely Mother's Day. Too bad you had so much trouble getting what you wanted for the quilt for AAQI in honor of your mother. I had thought I'd make another quilt in time to be considered for the new exhibit but I don't think it's going to happen.