Friday, May 7, 2010

Fan-tastic!

SO glad I took the time to re-make the borders!


And I am REALLY happy with the purple thread Baptist Fans quilting (thanks, Chris!!)

The label on the back ~

Part of the center (in the sunshine) ~

Draped full length over the stone seat... even when I fussed with the camera settings, the gorgeous saturated purple borders still look blue.  I hope you'll believe me that they really are royal purple!

(And now that I've tried crumb piecing, I know I'll do more of it.)

If you haven't checked out the other quilts being created during Tonya's 2010 Liberated Amish Get Together, do click here to visit the group photo album.

Here's to the weekend ~

Quiltdivajulie

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a terrific finish! I absolutely love it!

Kathy said...

It looks fantastic!!!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Absolutely fabulous and Chris does beautiful work, as well!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This is wonderful... happy, vibrant, and fun; just perfect... in every way!