These bring the block count to 34 ~ only 22 more to go ~ and, for those who have asked ~ these are based on a pattern named Fickle Pickle. I'm making my quilt large enough for our king bed and my borders will be different. Linda drafted out her version after seeing one of my block photos ~ just look what she did with it!
~~
Wanted to share a couple of quotations that caught my mind this week:
"It is a huge danger to pretend that awful things do not happen. But you need enough hope to keep going. I am trying to make hope. Flowers do grow out of darkness." (Corita Kent)
"It may be that when we no longer know which way to go we have come to our real journey. The mind that is not baffled is not employed. The impeded stream is the one that sings." (Wendell Berry)~~
A quick update on eldest son and his knee adventures: Five days out of the hospital, he returned to the ER covered in a vicious rash. The cause? A severe allergic reaction to the antibiotic. After stopping that medication and switching to another, the rash has now nearly vanished. After the most recent (of several) follow-up appointments, his ortho doc advises the bursitis can take up to three months to heal and is pleased how the rampant infection appears to be clearing.
~~
Finally, in the past few days, we have celebrated DH's birthday and our 35th wedding anniversary. When someone commented "here's to the next 35" we looked at each other, mentally calculating how old we would be . . . the answer? Well into our 90s!
I've always loved seeing elderly couples walking along holding hands . . .

Here's to unending possibility ~
Quiltdivajulie
6 comments:
Still loving how your blocks are looking! Wow, Linda's is gorgeous too. So glad that your son is doing fine and the rash is gone. Must have been a little scary. Congrats on 35! I sure bet you have 35 more coming!
35 years together, and you're working on your 35th block of the wonderful energy of fickle pickling. Pass the dill, you're doing amazingly well through so much! Love those quotes, you, and your beautiful work!
I am anxiously waiting to see what you are going to do with these blocks. I do love the colors - lots and lots of color. Good to hear that your son is doing ok - my husband had a reaction to antibiotics like that and now he has to be very careful when he is out in the sun. Happy 35th anniversary - been there, done that and will hit 36 years this month.
Gorgeous blocks...I love them. Thanks for sharing those lovely sentiments!
Your blocks are great!!! I think want to do more of them......after I finish a current Quilt-A-Long project. Thanks for the link. I do enjoy reading your blog - and seeing your quilt pics.
I love that fabric/color combination in the block in the first picture!
We can always count on you for uplifitng quotes - thanks!
Post a Comment