Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Feverish


I first posted about Feverish on May 2nd ~ and now it is done!


Here you can see the binding (not at all what I originally planned ~ I really like this choice).


Crumpled and rumpled in the rocking chair . . . Chris did some MARVELOUS free motion work on this quilt!


Another rumpled view ~ I love it all jumbled together, but I also love it folded neatly . . .


Hanging on the fence . . . (when the heat index was 110 degrees)

Quiltdivajulie
----------------

"If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon."  (unknown)

" . . . the great grey-green, greasy Limpopo River, all set about with fever trees. . . ” (Rudyard Kipling)

16 comments:

Vicki W said...

Love, love, love it!

Nancy said...

Wow, it is stunning. I love your binding choice.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's a perfect binding for a beautiful quilt.

Unknown said...

I just started quilting and whenever I am in a Fabric store the Black & Whites always grab my attention. As soon as I am done with the million projects I have already started I will join in in your group. Love your stuff :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful colors and a great quilt! And yes, the binding is perfect.

Twisted Quilts said...

That looks great! I love the combination and black and white and brilliant colors. Good job! Freddy Moran likes to use black and white to make her colors "pop".

Elsie Montgomery said...

Very, very nice! Your quilt makes me feel like getting to work on some of mine!

Anonymous said...

The binding was a great choice and really pulls it all together!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I adore this quilt. Was it from a pattern or book?

Magpie Sue said...

Hey, I think I have a piece of that binding fabric! Great choice indeed. Love the dragon quote too ;- )

Teresa said...

Oh wow...I love your quilt. The colors, the way you put them together, the backing and separator bands...WOW!

Cher said...

one of my favorites for sure..and I agree...perfect binding

*karendianne. said...

What a totally COMPLETELY TOTALLY killer quilt. I so dig this!!!!

imquilternity said...

Lovely, lovely quilt and great binding!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your braid quilt...so vibrant and happy!

jovaliquilts said...

Nice!!!!!!!
Boy, I go out of town for a week and you accomplish SO MUCH!