Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Distraction - Binding Begun

This is a child's quilt, bound for Appalachia through the Mountain Baby Blanket Project (see permanent link in my sidebar).  

Created with fabrics from my stash, quilted with swirls by Chris, and now in the process of being bound . . .

I hope it will serve as a long-distance hug for a mountain child.


Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. 
"Pooh!" he whispered. 
"Yes, Piglet?" 
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. 
"I just wanted to be sure of you."

A.A. Milne


Quiltdivajulie

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Bless you for making these Mountain Baby Quilts. I have no doubt that they will be used and loved. You are touching more lives that than those of the children who receive them.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Lovely quilts, and a lovely quote and clip from my favorite cartoon. Thank you.

*karendianne. said...

Julie, this is such a sweet sentiment and a lovely quilt with glamorous quilting I must say. I enjoyed the photo and quote at the end, too. Chosen perfectly.