The space planner brought drawings and samples and books to our office Tuesday.
Option one would give me work surfaces of 5' x 10' x 9' while option two would yield work surfaces measuring 5' x 8' x 6' ~ my attorney (who is also moving into the new area) has suggested another configuration for option two and asked the planner to draw his idea (CAD drawings using standard layout templates) but; without knowing any more than I know now, option one is looking better and better. No clue yet what kind of coloration they are considering for the workstation components, but if I had to guess it would lean towards the dark moldings and baseboards already in the space. All in good time. . .

The wonky star pictured above was an orphan block left behind after I made Flying Monkeys last year ~ Lucky Star has now been finished and registered with AAQI.
I found the star when I was cleaning up my very messy studio ~ Last night, the leftovers from the ice cream quilts became Sweet Cream Roses (photo at the top of this post, it measures 38" x 48") and the remaining blocks from Meet Me in the Rose Garden will be turned into a table runner (a belated birthday present for a friend).
I really need to clear out most of the clutter in order to begin work on the king size Pickles quilt. (For interesting reading, check out Mrs. Goodneedle's Let's Talk Tuesday discussion about UFOs).
Quiltdivajulie
-------------------------
"When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels” (author unknown)
3 comments:
I'll take a double dip of the Sweet Cream! I thank my Lucky Star that I found you in blogworld! I love each and every visit here.
Whichever option you end up with in the office will be defined as your space once it receives the Julie stamp and is personalized, it will be great, I have no doubt whatsoever! (The larger work surface space would prove more tempting.)
so much quilty goodness going on at your place! love the colors for the pickle quilt.
Julie, I love the Wonky Star! How cool is that> And your Sweet Cream Roses... whew, you can just make it happen! I was forgetting about the Pickles quilt! That must happen soon. ;) As for the office space - I like the biggest area but configuration can be a temptress when it's done right. I heard that in a fairy tale!
Post a Comment