Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm Glad I Listened . . .

Do your quilts talk to you? Do they whisper? Shout? Demand? Nag? Insist?

Well, this one kept pestering me to make it 4 blocks wide by 5 rows long instead of the planned 6. . . so I finally gave in and went with it. It's a VERY good thing I did, because ~ when I attached the burgundy inner borders on the two sides, I had less than 1" of fabric left!

It pays to listen to that little voice in your head . . .

So, here is the top for Meet Me In The Rose Garden. Still need to piece the back (you can see the fabrics below, on the right) and put away the leftovers ~ but I'm already off into the midst of Pass the Pickles Please.


Yes, there's a whole lot of cutting going on ~ this is about 2/3 of the strips needed for the 56 toothed segments.

And here on the design wall, I'm trying to add in missing pieces to complete the blocks Chris had started. Still more cutting needed to have enough of the inner and outer segments . . . I'm sure I'll change up some of the color combinations but, for now, getting an accurate count is the important part.

One thing is certain ~ Pickles will be a gloriously colorful scrappy quilt!

Quiltdivajulie
---------------------------

“Intuition is a combination of historical (empirical) data, deep and heightened observation, and an ability to cut through the thickness of surface reality. Intuition is like a slow motion machine that captures data instantaneously and hits you like a ton of bricks. Intuition is a knowing, a sensing that is beyond the conscious understanding — a gut feeling. Intuition is not pseudo-science.” (Abella Arthur)

9 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes my quilts talk to me too. That is our creative spirits mingled in with the fabrics speaking.

The Calico Cat said...

Pass the Pickles Please - made me think of my brand new jar of Wickles waiting patiently... (Go ahead and google it, you'll be glad that you did.)

Nancy said...

Your quilt is gorgeous!

My projects "talk" to me, too; however, I don't always listen. Sigh!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Instinct is a marvelous gift that most of us haven't fully unwrapped. Good for you.

I keep thinking about the quote on your March 7 blog: "Nature abhors a vacuum; and so do I." (Anne Gibbon) My immediate response to this one is: Nature abhors a vacuum; and I abhor a vacuum cleaner. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Glorious, colorful, pickles is right! What a wonderful quilt-to-be. Love the rose garden fabrics, all combined it's a stunning project.

Vicki W said...

Your quilt looks great! I really love the new blocks too.

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheee, love the pickles!

Teresa said...

Gosh you are making a couple of beautiful quilts. I just love the way you put that flower border on the bottom and top(?) - it really looks nice. The pickles quilt should happiness to me - got to love that!

My quilts do indeed talk to me - they say "Finish me - no no, don't start another one...finish me me me!"

jovaliquilts said...

This is going to be wonderful!!