Monday, March 9, 2009

Gotta Make One of These

I saw this photo in a catalog today ~ I have a dark green, generic alphabetical accordian file folder at my desk for filing that needs to be done.

One day soon, I hope to make myself a colorful fabric "shell" (sans ribbon) to cover that boring evergreen fiberboard . . . just thought I'd share for any of the rest of you desk-bound folks who could use a colorful idea (and I need to pull out some of my older Cloth, Paper, Scissors and Quilting Arts issues and read up on altered books, too).

SO many possibilities!

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------
"The only thing that makes life possible is a permanent, intolerable uncertainty: not knowing what comes next” (Ursula K. LeGuin)

7 comments:

Sabry said...

Hi, I'm Sabrina from Siena, Italy. Really compliments for your beautiful works!!! Tey are really amazing!! Kiss, Sabry

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Aren't possibilities the best! It gets me excited thinking how I can do something I've seen somewhere like in a Pottery Barn catalog! I like your thinking.

Michele Bilyeu said...

I've seen something similar too...a set of accessories... and the ideas are still simmering on the back burner. One of these days, we'll all come to a full boil and we can all share in the fun! My family used to say don't hold still too long or mom will tie a piece of raffia on you, now it's their fear of me and my fabric. I guess we all just have too much fun for some people to understand ;)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Great idea, it's perfectly lovely! I, too, could find many uses for a folder that pretty.

Teresa said...

I have a shopping bag that was done this way - one of the generic heavy brown paper bags with a paper cord handle. It was a prize I won at a retreat, full of goodies.

*karendianne. said...

Wow. This is totally totally cool! Thanks for sharing.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Absolutely love this, thanks! Tracey