Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fantastic!

Wow ~ what a wonderful 2 days!  

Had a grand time sitting through Bonnie's trunk show and lecture (if you have the opportunity, grab it) . . . SUCH fun to meet in person after nearly 5 years of online correspondence.  And the best part?  The talented, generous, and extremely gracious program chair/registration contact for the Cumberland Valley Guild invited me to stay at her house, along with Bonnie!  Sharing downtime with them in the evenings was priceless.  

When they left for today's all-day workshop, I went off on my own ~ stopping by the Woodcraft store to pick up a couple of things for DH and then on to the new location of Stitcher's Garden (the two businesses are now in the same shopping center ~ talk about super convenient. . .).

Myra (shop owner) said she actually has less floor space than she did before, but the 12' ceilings and large number of new shelving units make wandering amongst the 1000s of fabric bolts marvelous fun.  As you can see from the photo above, I did not come home empty-handed. . . I now have backing (fabulous multi-color print ala Laurel Burch), dual inner border fabrics (black and gold), binding (purple), and enough fat quarters to mix with what I have on hand to piece the 56 fickle pickle blocks for our new bed quilt.  The colors make both of us smile ~ how can we go wrong!

Tomorrow it is back to work ~ I wish I could stay home and sew, but I need to pay for all that fabric!

Quiltdivajulie
----------------------
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one” (C.S. Lewis)

10 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh my! Why oh why can't I say..."'What! You too? I thought I was the only one” Oh...why oh why?

Glad you had such fun, dear lady...you deserved every scrap of it! Well, ok...yards, fat quarters..fun time with Bonnie..sigh.
:)

Helen said...

Gorgeous fabric and a fun time. How COULD you go wrong?

I'm a bit envious, but then again I've got a shop hop planned for when I visit Las Vegas later this month.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love the colors. You and I definitely have the same color preferences! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. What a marvelous break for you...

Dayna said...

The colors make me smile too!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Happy colors, wonderful plans... enjoy the process.

The Calico Cat said...

Do I see a red with blue shadowed polka dots?

(I bought some of that fabric at my first quilt show - Lancaster - several years ago...)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

... oh, THAT Bonnie! cool. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those most certainly will work with what you have! AWESOME! I am so glad that you are enjoying it, and it sounds like the trip was beyond great fun!

antique quilter said...

omgosh what happy fabrics!
looking forward to seeing this quilt with all these fabrics used! LOL
glad you got to spend 2 days with Bonnie, what fun that must have been
hope to hear more about it...and pictures???
Kathie

jovaliquilts said...

Wow!! Sounds like a truly incredible experience. So wonderful!