Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pushing Through ~

Spent this four-day weekend taking down and putting away all the holiday decor plus major house cleaning (our annual after-the-holidays ritual)... so much gets out of balance this time of year. Between the should's and the need-to's plus my own struggles with SAD, I haven't spent much time in the quilt studio (there's been a major creative crisis of confidence).
Finally, this afternoon, I was able to spend some time tidying up the studio and cut coins for Kitty Chaos, a scrappy cat-themed Chinese Coins quilt for my MIL (photo above shows an assembled 20" uncut strip set that will be used on the pieced back). I really need this kind of project to ease myself back into the groove...

I also managed to trim up and prepare binding strips/fast finish triangles for four collaborative Priority Quilts for AAQI. (shown above). Chris finished quilting these in early December. Wanda and Karen, do you recognize your orphan blocks?

These are the three ties that will be used in my January block of the month. I haven't chosen a pattern yet. The ties were pressed and lightly starched (Mary Ellen's Best Press) just after I took this slightly blurry photo so I could see just how much fabric I'll have to work with. This will be one of my first piecing with silk efforts...

It's back to the office tomorrow ~

Quiltdivajulie
----------------------------
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not." (Author Unknown)

7 comments:

nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I don't know what those first 2 comments have to do with your quilting.

I was thinking what a spring like bunch of blocks you had piled up there and then I recognized mine. Glad you could use them.

the kitty quilt looks pretty cheerful. Makes me think of spring. 17 degrees here tonight. I need spring.

jovaliquilts said...

I love pink and yellow together, and those sort of pop in that backing. Very nice!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Pushing through is part of the process of creating... writers do it when "blocked" and I'm glad to read that you are doing it too. We would likely burn out if we were bursting with enthusiasm all the time!

hugs

Browndirtcottage said...

This 'kitty' theme is looking good to me....the ones down toward the bottom...just peeking out..COOL!

The Calico Cat said...

Excited about the cat coins!