Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy, Hopeful Signs

When I had Tippy outside earlier this morning, I discovered new growth buds on my hydrangea bush (it had a rough first summer last year so we weren't at all sure it was going to survive)....

And then, I discovered that my daffodils are clearly visible through the mulch and leaves....

Marvelous sights to behold on January 1 !!

Family dinner with both boys and Lauren (loaves of banana bread baked early this morning & the crock pot is working hard while I concentrate on the un-decorating process and DH continues his assault on the bonus room, aka giant storage closet, upstairs).

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------
"Start by doing what is necessary; then do what is possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." (St. Francis of Assisi)

7 comments:

Donna said...

green plants?!? growing! I'm very confused... we got more snow last night and are cold and blustery today. At least 3 more months of white stuff here....

Elsie Montgomery said...

I'm glad that the world was created like it is... when we have -30 C and deep snow (even though the sun is shining and the sky is blue), on the other side of this big ball, daffodils are appearing! How cool is that!

Happy New Year!

*karendianne. said...

Oh my gosh Julie, this is MAGICAL! Pure magic indeed. Wow! Thanks for sharing this. I'm so completely happy I came by to catch up.

One wonders what other goodies I'm going to find as I hang around here, Exploring the Possibilities.

*karendianne.

YankeeQuilter said...

Really like the quote on this post!

I saw cherry tree starting to bud in our neighborhood!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Wonderful, hopeful, post! Happy New Year!

Magpie Sue said...

Geez, I hope you don't get a hard freeze between now and actual Spring! Meanwhile, my poor salvia looks like it's goners after all our snow and cold weather...

TB said...

Goodness, your spring plants are popping out of the ground already? I'll have to go check mine. You're further south, but still I'm surprised.