Sunday, July 13, 2008

Disappointment ~ Hint ~ Decision

First, let's deal with the disappointment.

The Symphony charm squares were delivered yesterday ~ such excitement as I opened the package. But the colors, while truly gorgeous, were far (and I mean FAR) darker and more somber than the swatches shown on the website.

DARN.

SO, I cancelled the backordered fat quarters and resumed the pondering process.


While I pondered, I stitched. This is just a hint as to the work-in-progress for Tonya's summer class ~ finally, there is something visible!!! Stay tuned for more letters in the coming days!

After spreading my unwashed fat quarter bundle of Kaffe Fasset fabrics all over our bed and walking around the colorful display most of today, a joint decision has been made. Even though DH's engineering nature leans to symmetry & logic over free-form & random, he's okay with this plan. I will use these newly washed beauties (the lights were still in the dryer) to create a YBR On Point for our bed. The colors play very nicely with the soft green walls and will hopefully encourage a smile whenever we walk into the room. [And, like all plans, if it doesn't work the way we think it will, we'll change our minds!]

Thanks, Wanda ~ your recent KF quilts were just the nudge(s) I've needed to actually use these!

And, Angel has taken up her late afternoon vigil ~ waiting near the refrigerator in hopes that dinnertime will come soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the disappointment, they sure did look lovely,but ya never can tell. I love the picture of Angel, she is just so patient, isn't she?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Glad I could help!