Sunday, September 23, 2007

For so many reasons...


It's only the letter "U" - but it represents SO much!


After 2 specialists and an MRI, it turns out that the pain is coming from a pinched nerve in my neck - "cervical radiculitis" (say it out loud and you'll hear the irony). New pain meds are helping and I start physical therapy this week. Typing is still painful, but at least possible now.

Actually stitched this letter yesterday afternoon, using my new machine! It had sat for over a week before being set up (NOT my usual method of operation). Have only managed a straight seam or two for now...

And the fair has started - click here to see an album of photos from Friday night. (there's also an album of photos showing our entries before we took them to the fairgrounds here). Larry earned 5 blue ribbons and the only best of show for woodturning. I earned 4 blue ribbons (each with a best of show for that class/category) and a red. Chris did really well with her quilts (blue/best of show, blue, and red) and her mom got ribbons, too. Woo Hoo!! All in all, it has been a great birthday weekend - contacts from friends, calls from family, went to a wedding for a former co-worker, awesome weather, being loved, and feeling a little better. As Mrs. Goodneedle says "Life is Good."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the black fabric for the background on the U. Ok, I know, I love ALL fabric! It looks great, as usual! I just love watching your creations come to life.I am happy to hear you got to use your new machine finally, congrats.

Chris

Donna said...

so glad to hear that while painful the pinched nerve was nothing more serious. Hopefully the physio can make a significant impact quickly. :-)

Shelina said...

Julie, I am so sorry you are in pain. I hope you make a quick recovery. It is a strange name for a neck injury. Your new machine looks beautiful - very inviting to just sit and sew.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

congratulations on all the ribbons. Your quilts are beautiful.
Sorry you have an injury to your neck. It's a bummer not being able to use your arm.
I put my answer to your question on the blog comment box because I thought some others might like to know too. If you want more info, let me know.