Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Gratitude...

Now that the medications and physical therapy are (thankfully) beginning to relieve the pain...

If there's one thing that I can take away from the results of the judging at the fair this year, it is this - I need to trust my instincts and quit doubting myself so much. My quilts have tried to teach me so much and I really need to believe what they're telling me. Words to consider: “Deficiency motivation doesn't work. It will lead to a life-long pursuit of try to fix me. Learn to appreciate what you have and where and who you are.” (Wayne Dyer)“Both abundance and lack exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend... when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present -- love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature and personal pursuits that bring us pleasure -- the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience Heaven on earth.” (Sarah Van Breathnach)

And, for today, I’ll end with this wonderful quotation: “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” (William Arthur Ward)

Please click on the graphic below to view an amazing video presentation on the "Wave of Gratitude" ... it is well worth a few moments of your time. Enjoy!





3 comments:

Donna said...

some days it does take a very conscious effort of will to be grateful, but like many habits, the more you practice the easier it becomes and we are all incredibly graced -- with sight, hearing,time to be annoyed, friends, family, clothes food etc..... Even when things are bad I try to remember to be grateful for having had the situation/object which I'm now missing...

Anonymous said...

Loved the visual!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Fantastic post! I must remember the analogy of the wrapped gift, it's so very true. Take good care!