Monday, September 17, 2007

Afternoon Tea at the Folk School


The class this past weekend was called "Cut Glass" ~ and these are my 3 blocks.

Somehow over the last few days, I have managed to traumatize my right shoulder and arm; so typing (& most everything else) is very painful right now; otherwise, I'd explain more about the process.

Once this pain is under control (dr. appt. tomorrow a.m.), I plan to add a sculptured blue border and then use my new machine to quilt the wallhanging (each block is curently 22" square).

How did the name evolve? These glorious fabrics from my stash were left after making a blue and yellow quilt named Afternoon Tea that was a Christmas gift in 2006.

Now, I'm off to the recliner and the heating pad...


5 comments:

Donna said...

those cut glass blocks are stunning! Sorry to hear about your arm/shoulder... hope it heals up quickly

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh noooo, hope you recover quickly.

Anonymous said...

Julie,
Just beautiful!!!! Sorry about the shoulder, take care for a quick recovery!
Chris

The Calico Cat said...

love that blue on yellow quilt. Hope your shoulder mends quickly.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Hope you're feeling better by now. The Cut Glass quilt is completely gorgeous, well done! Take good care...