This is Rastro crumpled on the sewing table just after I finished sewing down the binding.
I can't tell you how much I ADORE everything about this quilt!
Rastro (for short) is the second of the Macnas series bonus quilts designed to use up more leftover rectangles from earlier quilts in the series.
(Rastrophiliopustrocity - noun meaning a spontaneous combustion of creative spark followed by action in order to manifest and bring into existence)
In case you didn't notice them in the photo above, do supersize these photos and check out the amazing early morning clouds in that beautiful light blue sky.
(I took quite a few more photos of those clouds to save for drearier days)
I couldn't resist this shot with the flamingo picnic tablecloth clip and the flamingo fabric beneath it.
(and yes, I did sew the binding on using hot pink thread)
I am thrilled with how the Philip Jacobs Peony and Chrysanthemum backing originally intended for Motley suits Rastro.
(Motley's top was donated to Many Hands and Many Hearts)
* * *
After Sunday's family dinner, as he was lighting the candles on my birthday cake, Young Man asked how old I was.
"MeeMah! The two numbers in your age equal my ten!"
Gotta love how he looks at things.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"The artist is the one who recaptures that child-like fascination with the world."
Rick Rubin
No comments:
Post a Comment