The wide back on the left has been waiting in the closet for ages and the squirrels are on a rampage to USE what is lurking. As usual, their one thing led to the next.
The fabrics above will be used to make two quilts - one using the wide back and the other backed with the black and gold paisleys. When I thought there would be just one quilt, I had started calling it Color Burst - but when the second "sister" project developed, I needed another project name.
The wide back quilt shall be called HAPPIFY (verb - to make happy). The current plan was inspired by Gerful (2021) and Vivacious (2016). I'll use black on white prints as the alternate fabric.
The paisley backed quilt shall be called ENTHRALL (verb - to capture someone's attention or fascination; to charm or captivate). At this point I'm thinking about making another version of Poppyseed's baby quilt (that baby is now nine years old).
All of this will happen next year, unless the squirrels keep making trouble in the studio.
Downstairs, I've switched our seasonal decor from July's "Red, White, and Moo" to August's "Back to School."
With Young Man now in fourth grade (!!) our decorations continue to evolve from his ABC building blocks, crayons, and coloring books to classic black and white composition books, colorful pencils and erasers, a big bowl of scrabble tiles, and the like.
And when I started to clean off my art table so I could drape the backing and top in order to roll them onto the pool noodles, I found myself drawn into the beginnings of a long-planned pink and green joy journal. There is something deeply satisfying about cutting and gluing in order to turn paper scraps into a visually pleasing, cohesive something.
* * *
The good news is that the drafting table is now clear and Holus-Bolus WILL be pin basted over the weekend.
It's time to move those four Macnas bonus quilts forward.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Be the attitude you want to be around."
Tim DeTellis
6 comments:
I love your new verb - HAPPIFY (verb - to make happy)
Those pesky squirrels! You'll rise beautifully to whatever they dig up, I have no doubt. Love your Back to School decor, clever!
Without squirrels it would be a dull life indeed!
Those crazy squirrels. I got one in a box this week from a friend who was throwing out a box of dresden plates a great aunt had made- handsewn! I said not on my watch and took them and soaked them in Oxyclean. Like new! Have to find some 30s fabric for extra blades as some of the blocks used a plaid and stripe which destroy the whole look of the block. Will figure out how to arrange them, all 20, and make something beautiful out it. Squirrel attack. Your fabrics, as usual look terrific and fun!
Those squirrels keep you busy. I finally sent off an envelope with bits and pieces so MaryAnn can make a joy journal for me. I am excited for that project.
I’m missing my squirrels while on vacation but reading about yours, I’m re-thinking that, lol!
Post a Comment