I just had to share this springtime photo of our new hanging begonia basket.
I wanted to also share a short video of the azalea swaying in the breeze as its blossoms fell like snowflakes. The soundtrack even featured morning birdsong, but Blogger insists my iPhone video is of a non-supported type. Sigh.
For those of you who have commented about the Macnas series nearing an end - take heart.
The original series of 12 is increasing to a baker's dozen with this week's addition of YUTORI featuring the fabrics above.
The rectangles are cut and Yutori's pairs are being sewn as leader enders while I sew together the rows for Paint Party, no. 12.
(YUTORI - a Japanese word meaning to slow down simply to be, breathe, listen, and appreciate the richness and beauty of life and nature).
* * *
Two night sleepover with Young Man this weekend - I have a hand work project I'll bring downstairs in case there are moments I can work on it.
Quiltdivajulie
"Art is a vocation in life. It's not a job. It's not a career. It's not about the money. It's something you feel you have to do, and you can't stop yourself from doing it."
Tracy Emin, The Guardian, 2019
6 comments:
That hanging begonia is spectacular--how lovely!! ;)))
I really like your fabric pull for the next (13th? right?) of the great Macnas series...
Great "word": YUTORI--just what we all need to incorporate into our lives...have a fun weekend with Young Man...
hugs, Julierose
We are finally get a bit of sunshine around here so I am expecting more color in the gardens soon. Yutori - will need to add to my April words list. Thank you
Begonia blooms are so pretty and the yellow ones are my favorite. I think I should go for begonias in my hanging baskets in the backyard.
Oh such lovely fabrics cut. Everyone is winner.
Beautiful colour from both your begonia and the selected fabrics fo YUTORI - good luckwith the hand work!
Great beginnings for Yutori and adding one more quilt to the series (or more as the Spirit moves) is A-Okay!
Hope y'all had fun with YM.
Hugs!
Post a Comment