Young Man designing the 3d and 4th corners of his layout for Ruska, a Camp Sefton quilt for the living room ottoman at his house.
Working on the design wall with corners 1 and 2 at the bottom. Such fun to watch his deliberate, thoughtful process.
He also chose and cut out two squares to make a quilt for Biscuit all by himself.
(he used scissors not the rotary cutter)
His church league basketball team won their game 35-12 Saturday afternoon and that evening he finished his latest large Lego Technics vehicle with nearly 4,000 pieces with a working gear shift and wing-style doors.
It was a busy, fun weekend.
Today we start the to-from school runs across town - 25 minutes each way. There's never a dull moment in the car what with all the diverse and interesting conversations.
* * *
And I have finally had to admit to myself that I am not going to be able to respond individually to the backlog of lovely comments you've left. I do apologize for getting so far behind that I need to ask for comment amnesty.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"We do not need to teach creativity, but rather inspire its daily practice."
Diane Darrow, teacher
6 comments:
No worries on my part about responding to comments, QDJulie-; life is too busy to worry for sure;)))
I think Young Man is just so precious--I love the picture of him at the design wall in contemplation...how neat!!
Enjoy your diverse conversations;))) what fun!! ;)))
Hugs, Julierose
Hey, no worries! Glad you’ve asked for comment amnesty so you can be at ease. Can’t wait to see the end result of Camp Sefton!
Nice work, LM!! Julie, please don't worry about the comment responses. Most bloggers reach that point from time to time. I'm 2+ weeks behind on most of my own responses. I hate it, but that's life!
I want to go to Camp Sefton! Looks like a lot of fun. I like young man's hair sticking up all over. Cute!
Camp Ruska quilt looks like it was inspired by the Peace Monks - or maybe I only think so because I am and a squirrel is trying to get me to make a Peace Monk quilt - even though I have two other quilts with deadlines I need to work on. It’s relatively rare for me to have deadlines, but I’m really trying to stick to them - so I still don’t know what will happen.
You had a delightful day. How grown up your Young Man is now. Congratulations to him on the baseball game.
Post a Comment