Friday, February 6, 2026

Moving Ahead


I've cut out the squares for Ruska's top so Young Man can lay them out (the finished quilt will be for the large ottoman in the living room at his house).  

I'm on the fence with the bright gold on the right - but once the squares are on the design wall, I'll know if it needs to be swapped out for a less-loud fabric (which I anticipate happening). 


I saved the end cuts and will sew them into an insert for the scrappy pieced backing.

(and we will be using the wilder fabric for binding since there was not enough of the brown stripe when I unfolded it)


I've also put out the seasonal decor for February.  The crocheted table cloth being used as a runner on the buffet is one made by my paternal grandmother and the buffet and radio belonged to my maternal grandfather.  The silk quilt on the wall is Azaleas in Bloom made using a design from Sujata Shah's Cultural Fusion book.


The chair in our foyer turned out to be the perfect spot for my long-ago cross stitched piece that became a pillow.  

The quilt on the chair is Ukiyo - which started as a scrappy backing and turned into a quilt in its own right.


I'll finish with this photo taken by younger son as we drove through Shelby Farms.  The herd of buffalo in the trees was just too good to ignore (you can supersize the photo to see the animals more clearly). 

* * *

The snow in our back yard and part of the front is gradually disappearing (the upper part of the front yard is shaded and will take a lot longer to melt).  

The best part is having our entire driveway visible/usable once again.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The rain will stop, the hurt will fade.  Hope is never so lost that it cannot be found."
Ernest Hemingway

2 comments:

Julierose said...

Not much of a thaw here; we are awaiting a Siberian cold blast starting tonight through Sunday I hear. I am just tired of the snow and how bright it is out there!! ;(((
I finally chose white sashings with medium green cornerstones for the baby quilt I'm working on...I always find it difficult to choose when I use (almost always, too!) multi colored blocks...
Slowly getting it together...Stay warm there...
hugs, Julierose

Cherie Moore said...

I’m not convinced the bright gold will be removed as the color is really great with the other fabrics. Are you and Wanda on the same wavelength? ;-)