Fandango, the seventh quilt in my Macnas series, is finished.
(Fandango is a vibrant and lively shade of purple with pink undertones, often associated with a lively and energetic feel; it falls within the spectrum of magenta tones, offering a bold and eye-catching hue that can evoke a sense of creativity and fun)
This close up photo shows a more true version of the colors.
Quilted with my liberated all-over unmarked spiral fans using Glide thread in Pink.
The Timeless Treasures wide back demanded to be used in January (a year after the project was started) and I'm so glad I didn't argue with it.
* * *
Next in line: Incandescent is rolled onto the pool noodles and ready for pin basting - it is to be gifted in April and I want to have it finished and ready to ship without needing to worry it won't get there in time.
I also need to spend some time getting our tax paperwork together and ready for our tax guy -- I'd much rather sit and sew/quilt.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"You meet saints everywhere. They can be anywhere. They are people behaving decently in an indecent society."
Kurt Vonnegut
8 comments:
Fandango is just gorgeous, QDJulie;))) I love how those colors all blend so well...and the backing is just right!! Nice work on this...
hugs for a great weekend...Julierose
Oh, I’m with you, I’d MUCH rather sew than pull tax paperwork together! I love, love, love the backing you used for Fandango……it generates the same energy as the top.
Love that quilt. I am in a pink season around here. Got our tax paperwork gathered this week. Always a relief to get that done.
Taxes are no fun~ but Fandango is!! I love this one. Well done, Julie. Bright spot indeed!
Fandango is amazing!! and the back is just the perfect finish haha!! Love it!!!
I like the way some of the rectangles in Fandango were pieced. Good way to use up small crumbs. I got my paperwork to the tax guy on Wed and he had my return done on Thurs. So now will see how long it takes the IRS to get my refund to me.
Pat
I love your color (colors) of all this series of quilts
Delicious!
Post a Comment