Monday, January 19, 2026

This, That, and More


In the game of bobbin chicken, this has to be my "best finish" to date. 
I had literally just finished the seam. Whew!


A long time ago, I pulled this mix of grays to use as backing for Fandango (Macnas series no. 7) since the "light" rectangles featured a lot of grayed neutrals.

Once up on the design wall it was a quick NO WAY - this is too dull and heavy.

(Note:  later in the day I decided to make a second set of January placemats for 2027 using the large scale KF print; I've tried numerous times to work it into a quilt but it has never played well and it really needs to stop hanging around in the stash)


I wasn't sure this Rubin design from eQuilter would work but it was the largest piece of stash yardage that even came close to Fandango's palette.

Again, it was a NOPE.  

Hmmmmmmm


A quick review of the waiting-to-be-quilted closet yielded this wide back that had been set aside for a future project.

That is not going to happen since it "is just right" to back Fandango.


For the sake of accountability on my weekly challenges, here is my scrappy paper nine-patch.


And my scrappy paper circles featuring 2" punch outs from food packaging.  I may go back in later and add smaller circles in the open areas.


This is my shipping tag for Full Deck Challenge 4 (prompts used include cat, red, yellow, clock, flower, ticket, postage stamp)


And lastly, I put the sticker Lynne sent in a magnetic photo holder and added it to the inspiration board in front of my sewing machine. 

Oh, and I've started quilting Trouvaille!

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder."
E.B. White

7 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

ooh that kaffe print got my heart racing a bit....love it...too bad it doesn't work

Cherie Moore said...

You win the Best Bobbin Finish award! The failed grey backing for Fandango would be perfect for a Partly Sunny Macnas quilt ;-)

Julierose said...

Oh you made me laugh with the "bobbin chicken" game--phew--you really JUST made it--makes me think of the Kramer car incident on Seinfeld where they play chicken with running out of gas...so funny!!
I like that Rubin print (i.e. last pix) a lot for the backing.
Seems everyone is doing some kind of Circle whether quilting or paper crafting this year...love your take on them.
We got 4.5" of snow overnight--again more than we've had in a very long time...so pretty as it is a very wet one and coating all the trees...
Take care hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

My best at bobbin chicken was a tad over 1/2"!
Love the backing you chose and those pink dots are spot on.
We got a heavy dusting of snow last eve but it will melt today with our high of 42*F.
Love the quote!

Hugs!

Kathy S. said...

Oh those paper crafts in your journal are so much fun! LOVE the food package circles. That's so cool. Congrats on your bobbin chicken win!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love it when the right backing is just waiting in the stash.

Nann said...

Ah, the little joys -- as in winning bobbin chicken. And you've demonstrated the reason to have a yardage stash. A finish is on the near horizon!