In the spirit of moving things along that are nearly finished, I decided to quilt the second long runner made with scraps from Esperance and Haru (first one is HERE).
(I was tired of moving the not-yet-pinbasted-quilt-sandwich bundle)
It seems that Fluffy, the newest member of the studio squirrel clan, is a curious fellow. He had to get up close when he heard Max working.
And then he insisted on quality testing the freshly quilted runner.
The runner on my studio floor.
12.5" wide by 75" long.
Quilted using Glide thread in Amethyst (top) and an assortment of partially-used bobbins (which emptied three of them).
I will bind the runner using the backing fabric.
Meanwhile, Fluffy decided to rest in/on the newly pin-basted Trouvaille quilt sandwich. That's Mischief looking on from the bookshelf and the plate-sorted blocks for Hanabi (Macnas series No. 10) in the green basket.
* * *
Ah yes, the studio squirrels apparently took me seriously about getting things done.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"open your day like a squirrel opens the misplaced acorn with purpose curiously ready to devour."
Joey Doherty
7 comments:
Fun post! Hope to see more of Fluffy ;-) What will you do with a 75” runner??
Long runner is so beautifully scrappy, QDJulie;))) Helga is at the Spa getting her tune up so I am really just doing a few stitches here and there--a little break time...Cold here today--19 degrees with a wind chill of 11...they tell us that it will get even colder over the weekend...good to bundle up under a quilt time!! Hugs, Julierose
ah the runner looks like summer! very very pretty
What a happy spring/summer runner you've made and I love the backing and binding purple fabric.
I am also happy your squirrels are working with you and not against your plans!
Hugs!
Bright and cheerful table runner, love the colors and fabric. LOL on Fluffy! He's a cutie. I was just thinking the other day I need a squirrel too!
Love this long runner - the fabrics are so pretty!! and Fluffy seems to have made himself at home haha
What a great way to use ALL the Kaffes.
Post a Comment