Sunday, December 14, 2025

Side Notes



After four posts with zero comments, I began to worry that something was amiss.  

Upon checking, Blogger had silently reset my comment settings - readers could comment but there was no email to me for the comment moderation.  

I've reset it and approved 33 waiting comments - it will take me a day or two to respond though.

The planter above brightens our kitchen table.  That's Merry and Bright (table quilt) - part of my kitchen table quilt series. 


And this is the downstairs waxed amaryllis!  


That's the amaryllis from Cherie in the middle - it is growing steadily and I'll need to add the support stake/ring soon.

This photo also shows the second of two fully open red blooms on the waxed bulb.


And look - there will be a third bloom in the very near future.  

The two waxed bulbs upstairs in my studio rooms are nearly ready to bloom - they look like the third bud above.  

(quilt shown in the background is one of Wanda's small Cobblestone quilts).

* * *

Note to Viola who blogs as Barwitzki (no-reply situation) - thanks for pointing out my error on crochet v. tatting.  Also - the quilt you mentioned is named TAKING FLIGHT and you read all of the posts about it using its label in my sidebar.  Please send me an email (in my profile in the sidebar) so I can respond to your other comments. 



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, and food, and medicine to the soul."
Luther Burbank

5 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have been having issues with Blogger and can't figure it out. Love the amaryllis. My Christmas cactus bloomed early- all colors and now there is nothing to enjoy.

Julierose said...

Oh don't you hate it when blogger just suspends your comment moderation posts? I recently had that happen with no warning either...aaargh!! Glad you've fixed it, QDJulie; please don't feel you have to respond to all my comments--there must be a lot of them out there!!
Your amaryllis' are simply gorgeous; my two--one waxed and one planted-- have just thrown out shoots--fingers crossed I may have some Christmas blooms...love your tablecloth --so festive--nice work...hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your Amaryllis blooms. A nice thing about the waxed ones is that they bloom before they get too tall. I have had the ones in pots get to 24" before they bloom.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh this Amaryllis is so gorgeous. It would bring one joy to see such blooms especially now as my world outside is completely white. And that hanging in those gorgeous colours also is so beautiful.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your tablescapes inspire me; and aren’t those waxed bulbs just the best things ever? Beautiful things bursting forth at your place. Merry Christmas!