My No Sew November accordion journal is done. The month of prompts was hosted by Meg of Meg Journals (posts on Substack and videos/playlist on You Tube).
This year she didn't go with the one-prompt-per-day-means-one-page-per-day-approach.
Instead the early prompts focused on creating base layers throughout the entire journal and then progressed from there.
I found this to be a much less stressful approach and one that didn't fill me with the urge to shop for "just the right item" for any given prompt.
Instead I found myself happily searching through my stash and actually USING items I've been saving (who knows why I had skipped over them before).
I added three flip pages (this one created with a heavy weight post card to which I added vintage photos, quotes, and some marks).
Finally I found the perfect use for my stash of textured papers - you can see them in the background of every page.
Security envelope scraps, a bit of velvet ribbon, scraps of painted paper, and a map scrap turned into this handsome page.
The adjacent page shifted in color palette but mirrors the overall feel of the journal.
Another combination that pleases me.
T is for tea (and textures).
A selvage edge scrap, a word cut from the cover of a magazine, a washi ticket stub, a map scrap, and more texture paper plus a tag and a sticker - soothing but with so much to visually explore.
There are many other pages I could have included in this post, but these are enough to give you a real sense of this journal's vibe and contents.
I'm beyond delighted with the end result.
* * *
There's a"not quite finished" journal post for An Unfolding Story pending as well as what will be a finish-reveal post for Trouvaille (next week). Progress is happening simultaneously on many fronts.
"Art must be an expression of love or it is nothing."
Marc Chagall
5 comments:
Well, I'm beyond delighted with it too!! I love all the images you included, and the special added touches. Accordion journals may be my favorite. Simple, easy, and fun.
The No sew Journal turned out beautifully--I like the idea of getting all the bases done and then going back and adding bits--very neat!!
Lovely finish on this one ;)))
hugs, Julierose
What a brilliant and unexpected way to assemble your pages: from bottom layer to top! How freeing, too!
Love your pages and it makes me wish you could show each and every page. How totally delicious.
Hugs!
They are all wonderful layouts and the values are exciting. I wish I could make quilts like your pages!
I love seeing all the creativity. I’m very traditional in my quilt making but would like to branch out a bit.
Post a Comment