As I prepared to leave our upstairs home office, the morning sun shone on my quilt rack and I was struck (once again) at the power of quilts to make us smile.
Top to bottom these quilts are: Vivacious (2016), Words to Live By (2017), Amish Strings (2012), Scrapbook Quilt (2018), and Epicenter (2018).
Both of my Christmas cacti now have buds! This one will likely be the first to bloom.
This is the third year for these plants - the longest I've ever managed to keep a Christmas cactus alive.
And because this phrase uttered by Meg Ryan/Kathleen Kelly from You've Got Mail is my mantra once Daylight Savings Time ends each fall . . .
. . . our fall decor includes this 4-foot tree in the foyer decorated with autumn berries and a few pale sunflowers with loads of pumpkins in DH's wood bowl on the lower shelf.
And this year we put up the big tree a month early and decorated it with creamy color pumpkins, more pale sunflowers, and picks with cream and gold beads.
More twinkle lights definitely make the evenings better.
* * *
On the finger front, I'm now wearing a single bandaid and allowing the finger to get wet (thus needing to change the bandaid) instead of strictly keeping it 100% dry. It will be a few more days before I dare to go without a bandaid (I don't want to snag it open again) but life is getting easier now that I can use all 10 fingers.
In the interim, I've done a full inventory of my Glide thread and rearranged the contents of the Ikea drawers in my sewing room so that the threads can each be seen at a glance (no longer massed together with half of the cones upside down). It's been one of those things I've put off when it wasn't that hard and didn't take that long but definitely makes life easier. (why is it that we do that over and over?)
I've also done some collage in my No Sew November journal and a bit of writing in my creative common placing journal named An Unfolding Story. I'm also cleaning out files, boxes, and drawers as I work and will be making another batch of paper snippet strips to use the overflow of scraps.
Sewing and quilting are on the horizon now . . . just a few more days until the bruise/ache in the finger tip eases up.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"If you suddenly and unexpectedly feel joy, don't hesitate. Give in to it."
Mary Oliver
4 comments:
i too believe more twinkle lights make everything better! Glad your finger is healing
Amen to the twinkle lights! Your quilt rack is so pretty- it's guaranteed to make you pause and admire/be grateful. Healing progress-good news.
Yes, seeing quilts makes us smile. I have 2 on the bench in the living room right now but I think maybe I need to add one more.
I think I may need to buy a couple strings of twinkle lights this year.
What delightful quilts are on your sunny quilt ladder!
Hurray that your finger is on the mend and a resumption of sewing is in view!
Hugs!
Post a Comment