The last time I posted about Xanadu (fabrics pulled January 2024, HSTs die cut January 2025), I mentioned using these HSTs for my leader-ender sewing as I worked on the tops for Incandescent and Enchanted (see previous post).
I needed a blast of power sewing so I went ahead and finished stitching the remaining HSTs.
As I pressed them open, I sorted them by their darker fabric.
Then I sewed one test block from each color family. The rest of the blocks can now wait until sometime next year.
The plan is to lay these out 9 blocks wide (54") by 12 blocks long (72").
I won't decide on color arrangements until all 108-plus blocks are ready for me to play with layouts on the design wall.
To double check my plan, I pulled out the backing fabric and laid the five blocks beside it.
And I immediately realized the darker fabric I had set aside as potential binding was far too heavy for the colors in the future quilt top.
It didn't take very long to pull this fabric from my stash. I'm not going to cut the strips until the blocks are on the design wall, but for now I think it plays with both the top and the back.
* * *
Time to get a reveal post written for Coddiwomple, sew a few more rows on Enchanted, and wind bobbins so I can quilt Wallaroo.
It's going to be a busy week with lots of 'away from the house' stuff so time will tell how much (or little) progress I'm able to make in the studio.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Journey- embrace the beginning, middle, and end of materializing your goals. All parts of the process are important."
Ash Alves
9 comments:
I do love both of the fabrics you have chosen
Lovely half-square triangle sewing--nice to get things in place for the future.
Meanwhile, I am going "back" in time to try to finish my smaller projects before January comes...They've been hanging around for way too long.
First step [and probably the most difficult]-I got my walking foot on yesterday...(cheers, pats on my poor back, etc etc, huzzah!!) I have my Falling Leaves layered and pinned up so it is first in line--now to figure out quilting lines....
Hugs, Julierose
"Blast of power sewing" says it perfectly. The binding fabric will work just right to bridge the HSTs and that glorious backing.
What delightful HSTs and I love that lighter fabric. The backing fabric is glorious and your newly chosen binding fabric seems a good compliment to the other fabrics.
Do you leave yourself notes to guide you when you later or much later start sewing quilts together?
As you run errands and keep appointments this week, those HSTs will dance in your imagination!
Hugs!
wow colorific!
I adore the backing fabric you are planning to use. Your use of color is always visually appealing to me.
Oh my, yes! The newly selected binding fabric goes beautifully with rye backing and HST’s. Leader/enders seem (seam) demand full attention on a regular basis, don’t they?!?!
You have the most fantastic backing fabrics and the possible binding fabric looks good with the backing and the blocks.
Loving these colours. And your backing & binding fabrics are super! That's A. Lot. of. HSTs... your blast of power sewing was very productive.
Post a Comment