Bits and Pieces - What started as a small ring-bound tag journal quickly grew to a large collection of assorted tags.
The binder ring started at 1.5" but quickly moved to a 2" and finally ended with a 3" ring.
Bookmarks; leftover pieces of assorted papers; tags of all sorts from products as well as reproduction library, evidence, layaway, and others; with a few old photographs mixed in - they all became fodder for this project.
Here's another peek showing a different group of "pages."
And one more just for good measure.
I've already started gathering tags (mostly from products at this point) to make another one someday.
Full Deck Challenge 3 update - these are my two shipping tags for the "doodle" prompt.
The one on the left is completely my own while the other is my coloration of a book page.
And here are the reverse sides of my Week 30 tags.
Week 31's prompt is "rainbow" - but instead of being literal, I went scrappy with mine.
This is the tag's reverse side.
And here is my ring of FDC3 tags so far (31 of 52).
Junky Junque Journal - this was a longer term side project made entirely from junk mail pieces.
Each was collaged upon using papers and stuff from my stash.
At some point in time, I'll go back and add a few of my favorite things to the waiting blank list.
This opened-out spread was created on a fold out ad from a local jewelry store.
I'm very glad I made this as I've wanted to try out the technique for quite a while.
Depending on the junk mail used, I could see myself making another one someday.
* * *
In the meantime, the sciatica flare up has eased and I can finally sit and sew without too much discomfort SO it's time to get Esperance pin basted and the top for Fandango sewn together.
Onward.
Quiltdivajulie
5 comments:
Your junky Junque Journal is really neat, QDJulie- I have been neglecting my Junque Journal lately--mainly working on "Sunrise, Sunset"--finally got it all pin basted and will do two long machine quilting rows along that middle scrappy strip to hold it a bit before I begin hand quilting--it will have to wait until i finish Christmas Ojos though.
We have been in a "bad air quality" alert here with the Canadian smoke filling our skies--no clear sunny days--all smoggy...hoping it clears out by tomorrow...Anxious to see your quilts Fandango and Esperance come together...hugs Julierose
Your title brought the 1964 song by The Dave Clark Five "Bits and Pieces" to mind. I was 13 at the time!
Love your wonderfully colorful choices of pictures, ephemera, quotations, along with bits and pieces so much! It must be so satisfying to make these journals and this one using a metal circle rather than book covers. Thanks for the many photos, too. Creativity soars!
Hugs!
And my L5 calmed down so I can walk and stand and do stairs again. Now I can get back to the longarm. Love all the colors you organized and orchestrated into an artwork.
What a fabulous idea to use all junk mail!
I want to make the tags or a journal. I have the tags and could make a blank journal, but I don't have collection of stuff I can dip into to put on the tags or in the journal. Your idea of using junk mail could get me started. I need to start saving junk mail instead of throwing it into the recycle bin on the way back into the house from the mail box.
Post a Comment