Thursday, June 5, 2025

Reverie - the Quilt



Reverie is finished.

(Reverie - noun - a state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts; a daydream) 

In January 2024, I made the decision to create a series of quilts inspired by MACNAS - the fabrics for Reverie (no. 2/12) were pulled in May 2024.


Quilted using my free motion liberated nested spirals and Glide thread in Royal (blue).

Binding is Brandon Mably's Jumble and the backing features squirrels.  

(Sweet Oak by Striped Pear Studio (pattern 51305) / Windham Fabrics - I've had it for a while so I don't know if it is still available)


There are 37 different blues and at least that many different black on white prints in the quilt top.


The finished quilt measures 52" x 72" and is already on the back of a chair in our living room.

* * *

Next under the needle will be another in the Macnas series -  Tuxie-Tude (as soon as I get the backing pieced).



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"We don't stop playing because we grow old.  We grow old because we stop playing."
George Bernard Shaw

6 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

I imagine any fabric with squirrels on it gets a special look-see when fabric shopping ;-)

iHanna said...

It's marvellous! I love all the blues and the simple pattern makes it look great.

Mystic Quilter said...

Magnificent mix of blues and I just love the parrot pegs, they're amazing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! 💙 Another one on my to do list….Louise
@fasterlis

smithcindyk said...

Love this quilt! Great idea for scraps and blue is my favorite color!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the simple graphic pattern of this quilt. I don't often think of white with black combined with dark blues but it really worked well.