Saturday, May 3, 2025

Binding Results



Binding the latest set of placemats is finished - finally.

Mischief is sitting on one of the two bonus mats in this photo.


Here are the six placemats  - all have dragonflies on one side and peacock feathers on the other.


These are the two bonus mats - not quite as large as a Raskog tray but larger than a typical mug mat.


This is the reverse of the two bonus mats.  My hope that there would be enough binding to include both of these came up one mat short so I used a length of scrappy binding leftover from a previous quilt.

* * *

Yesterday (DH's birthday) I sorted out the leftover pieces of batting so I can piece Frankenbatts for June's blueberry-themed placemats and utility mats.  My goal is to get the yardage pressed and get the slabs pin basted so I can quilt them next week.  

My studio squirrels have been busy suggesting new projects but so far I've resisted their chatter. I'm doing my best to stay focused on the many in-process projects already on my radar.

Time will tell if I can maintain that focus . . . 


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page.  You can't edit a blank page."
Jodi Picoult

6 comments:

ButterZ said...

Love the colours in those placemats. Good finish

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love that dragonfly print. Good for you, resisting the squirrels. I need to get some batting pieced also. Happy belated birthday to your DH.

Julierose said...

Lovely placemat finishes--nice works!! Hard to resist that siren-call of new starts, isn't it? I am really trying to just finish up my pile of UFO's to be quilted and bound or layered and basted up...
But, but but.....
I am looking at "Orange Peels" for a hand project--help, help--it's calling me AGAIN!! :)))
hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your mats for May turned out beautifully, Julie!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a delight to look forward to using the dragonfly placemats, the fabric is so vibrant and I love dragonflies so they're a winner!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Brilliant use of that old book cover, Julie! I love old stamps and think that your idea to use them on an altered book for storing a Postcard Swap was an excellent plan. Congrats on getting your next next tag done and happy quilting!