Monday, March 17, 2025

Dragon Fyre - the Flimsy



The quilt top is finished!

It measures 56" wide x 76" long.



And the quilt sandwich is now fully pin basted, ready for quilting.


(This post tells the story of how I spent National Quilting Day 2025)



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Speak politely to an enraged dragon."
J.R.R. Tolkien 

10 comments:

Pam said...

Fantastic!!

Julierose said...

What a beautiful quilt this is--I love the piano key borders--they add so much...nice work--Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours...
Hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

The flying geese add a richness to the borders.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That turned out really nice. I especially like the 2 triangle borders in it; I think they add a lot.

Anonymous said...

I bet LM loves it.

Barbara Anne said...

What a fantastic quilt and the borders really surround the dragon perfectly!! YM will be so proud of his choices for this quilt!!! Applause, applause!

Hugs!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome way to spend your Quilting Day, Julie!

Vicki W said...

It turned out great!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The borders really play up the tones in the panel. It all works together really well. Nice size! Your grandson will love it!

Mystic Quilter said...

Hooray, a beautiful and bright quilt top!!